Sunday 25 March 2012

Still Single? Why?!?

Genesis 2:22
And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from the man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

This is the love story of Adam and Eve, the first couple in the Bible. I picked this verse, to meditate upon since I'm in the stage of INTIMACY vs ISOLATION-according to the theorist Mr. Erikson. And yes, I'm 25 years old, a time for intimacy- not isolation.

This verse made me realize that the rib was taken from the man. and God has reshaped, reformed and made it to a woman. The word "made" can be interpreted to a process of molding, reshaping and perfecting one's physical, mental, emotional and spiritual state. After perfecting God's work to a woman, what follows next? It says, "brought her unto the man". What a love story! Well, if you are single lady at the age of 20-30, relax, never worry, God will bring you to the man whom he had planned for you. Take the patience and enjoy the reshaping along the way. Though sometimes, we feel pain and hopeless, bear in mind that it is part of perfecting.

Oh! it made me then think that I am still imperfect, unfit and unshaped to be given to my Adam. But when the fullness of time comes, God will surely bring me to the right man for me. For now, I am enjoying the process of how God wants me to be the perfect Eve.


1 comment:

  1. Every Christian lady should pray daily for the right man and then go on with daily life forgetting about it. The trouble with most girls is that they spend their days looking for the right man and never pray about it. Looking back, and looking at some of my friends, I have found that those who strut around trying to impress guys with their looks will find men who care for no more than the looks and who will so easily fall for another girl who looks better. There are also the girls who flatter guys so much that they end up marrying those whose egos are as small as their minds and who think that those who praise them must be in love with them. My advice? Pray for the right man but make no effort to find him. When you're busy working and growing, you're inevitably raising your standards so high that only the best ones dare approach. But when you advertise, you are devaluing yourself. Ruth was busy winnowing but found herself the noble Boaz. Delilah was parading through the streets and got himself Samson the nitwit.

    ReplyDelete